Tuesday 2 August 2011

Swimming with the fishes

This morning Blondie took the four of us to the lake for some swimming. We swam in the lake at Jones Island Park. We also borrowed the neighbour's paddle board, which was a lot of fun. TR and the Mouse gained some more water confidence, thanks to their cousin showing them what to do. She also taught me to do underwater handstands. I think it's safe to say that the British Synchronised Swimming team won't need me for 2012. A-hem. It was lovely and cool in the lake and I managed not to freak out over the little blue-gill fish swimming around my legs. Thankfully I maanged to get it together as I emerged from the lake.
Actual photo of me emerging from lake.

Afterwards my hair decided to style itself in ringlets. So here's another photo of me, this time with post-lake hair:

This afternoon we wandered into Grayslake centre. Boy, was it hot? We stopped for cold drinks in the coffee shop, 'Something's Brewing'. This evening Blondie, the Mouse and I cooked dinner for everyone, whilst watching a good ol' midwestern thunderstorm. I am happy to report that it is now a few degrees cooler here.

1 comment: